My Book Party Seriously Simple Parties
I had to let you know how great my book party was… Here are a few photos that I hope you like. My dear friend Denise Vivaldo pulled off the food and drink and all had a great time.. Very fun to do it at Surfas in Culver City, a cook and chefs dream for anything and everything for cooking and food related items. We had my wonderful Viognier Fruit Spritzer that was enough to sell out the book alone.,Other goodies included my Parmesan and Artichoke Dip, Chicken Drummetes with Romesco Sauce, Meatball Sliders, Warm Roasted Nuts, Cheese and Fruit Platter and the best Shortbread with Chocolate and Caramelized Walnuts you have ever tasted, which all contributed to make the party so fun and delish. I had an email from someone who attended the party who said “it was amazing the amount of love in the room.” I say what more could I ask for: dear friends and family, great food and an love all around— my version of heaven.
- 1 bottle chilled Viognier wine
- 3 cups sparkling water
- 1½ cups tangerine juice
- 1½ cups cranberry juice
- 8 to 10 crushed mint leaves
- 1½ cups crushed ice
- Sliced oranges, tangerines and frozen strawberries
- In a large glass pitcher combine all of the liquid ingredients. With your fingers crush the mint leaves and add them to the mixture. Add some crushed ice and the fruit. Mix to combine with a long spoon. Pour into pretty goblets.
- • Use Sauvignon Blanc, Fume Blanc or even a California Rose
- • Use different juices like Guava, pomegranate and pineapple